Mobile Paintless Dent Removal Technician
If you have attention to detail and would like a practical job working with vehicles, this job could be for you. As a motor vehicle paintless dent removal technician, you would remove dents via PDR techniques for all types of vehicles. You need to be able to use a range of tools and be reasonably fit, self-motivated and able to follow instructions. Good background knowledge about vehicle body repairs would be an advantage but training could be given.
On a repair job, your duties could include:
- Using specially designed tools to remove small to medium sized dents.
- Polish any blemishes left behind.
- Checking your own work to ensure a quality finish at all times.
- Touching in and small chips when required to high standard.
- Monitor supply inventory (e.g. polish, grommets, clothes etc.) for the purpose of maintaining adequate levels of required materials.
- Quoting for work that can not be removed via paintless dent removal techniques.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Keep a day, to day record of all work.
Your working hours would usually start between 8am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. However sometimes you can be assigned for a job in evenings or Weekends to fulfill customers wishes.
A valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and the ability to drive vehicles with both manual and automatic transmissions. Additionally, experience in the auto body repair industry would be an advantage.
Skills, interests and qualities
- good practical skills and the ability to use a range of tools
- the ability to work methodically and pay close attention to detail
- the ability to work without close supervision
- good communication skills
- the ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- a reasonable level of fitness
- awareness of health and safety regulations
Starting salaries will be from £20,800 a year (technicians with previous experience). With commitment to company and hard work, this can rise to between £30,000 and £40,000 a year for lead technicians. Also throughout you will be offered a generous incentive scheme.
- Trips to Switzerland to the Geneva Motor Show
- Race Track Days (Silverstone, Donington Park, Nürburgring)
- Go-Karting Days
- Paintball Experience Days
- Monthly Bonuses (£)